What is Equity Release?
Read our regulated panel member’s explanation.
Equity release umbrellas several products together but put simply, it lets over 55 year olds access cash that is locked in their homes through a tax-free lump sum, or smaller amounts as and when you need them, following an initial release. There are several different plans available to you, but there are typically no monthly repayments and the money that you release can be spent on anything you like. As the UK’s number one equity release specialist, we already work with a wide range of introducers that are confident about referring their clients to us for impartial and specialist advice.
- It’s regulated – the whole market is fully regulated by the FCA. We also recommend plans which have been approved by the Equity Release Council (ERC) and therefore come with a number of guarantees to ensure financial safety
- Very flexible – there is a wide range of plans available, so once MAP Link has referred you, our advisers will recommend a plan which matches what’s important to you
- You can stay in your home for as long as you chose – the plans that we recommend guarantee that you can stay in your own home for the rest of your life if you wish. Alternatively, you are also free to move home (as long as your new property meets the equity release provider criteria)
- Your estate won’t be left with an equity release debt – we recommend plans which come with a ‘no negative equity’ guarantee to prevent you from ever owing more than the value of your home
- There are typically no monthly repayments to make
- You can spend the money however you like, from making home improvements to gifting to loved ones
To qualify for equity release you must:
- Be aged 55 or over
- Own a property valued at least £60,000
- Live in the UK
Map Link act as an introducer only for FCA regulated products and services, we do not offer financial advice. We will refer you to a suitably qualified regulated adviser if required. We do not charge for our services, we receive a referral fee from the selected panel members should business be transacted.